Thursday, March 22, 2012

When Afraid, I Will Trust In God - Psalm 56:3


Psalm 56

 1Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me. 2Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High. 3What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. 4In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

 Matthew 14

 24But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. 25And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. 26And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 27But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. 28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.