Thursday, November 15, 2012

Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ - Madam Guyon


"Oh my God, let me be wholly Yours."

"Let me love You purely for Yourself,, for You are infinitly lovely."
"Oh my God, be my all! Let everything else be as nothing to me."



Sometimes you may bear the cross in weakness; at other times you may bear the cross in strength. But whether you bear it in weakness or in strength, bear it! Both weakness and strength should be the same to us since we bear the cross in the will of God.



If you love Him, you will love everything about Him.



What is there for you to fear? Dear Child of God, why do you not instantly cast yourself into the arms of Love?
The only reason He extended those arms on the cross was so He might embrace you. Tell me, what possible risk do you take in depending solely upon God? What risk do you run by abandoning yourself completely to Him? The Lord will not deceive you (that is unless to bestow on you more abundance than you ever imagined). 
However, those who expect all of these things from the Lord by self effort will hear the Lord's rebuke" You have wearied yourselves in the multiplicity of your ways, and have not said, Let us rest in peace." (Isaiah 57:10)



"Oh my God, let me be wholly Yours."
"Let me love You purely for Yourself,, for You are infinitly lovely."
"Oh my God, be my all! Let everything else be as nothing to me."


Madam Guyon 1685 Grenoble, France
Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ vol 2


Source - http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=47440&forum=34